Section: County court intake services
67. Annual report to State Treasurer by foreign limited partnership.
a. Every foreign limited partnership authorized to transact business in this State shall file in the office of the State Treasurer, within the time prescribed by this section, an annual report, executed on behalf of the foreign limited partnership setting forth:
1. The name of the foreign limited partnership;
2. The address, including the actual location as well as postal designation, if different, of the registered agent in this State; and
3. The name of the registered agent.
b. The State Treasurer shall designate a date for filing annual reports for each foreign limited partnership required to submit a report pursuant to this section.
c. If the report is not filed for two consecutive years, the certificate of a foreign limited partnership to transact business in this State shall, after written demand for the reports by the State Treasurer by certified mail addressed to the foreign limited partnership at the last address appearing of record in the office of the State Treasurer, be revoked for the failure to file reports. A foreign limited partnership shall not be subject to the revocation of its certificate to transact business in this State if it shall, within 60 days after the written demand, file the reports required by law and pay to the State Treasurer the fee provided by law for the filing of each report.
d. Any foreign limited partnership may, within two years of the revocation of its certificate to transact business in this State, cause a reinstatement of the certificate upon:
(1) payment to the State Treasurer of the current annual report fee, all delinquent annual report fees, a reinstatement filing fee of $75 and a reinstatement filing assessment of $200; and
(2) compliance with the requirements of subsection c. of section 6 of P.L.1983, c.489 (C.42:2A-6), if the name of the inactive foreign limited partnership does not comply with the provisions of paragraph (4) of subsection a. of section 6 of P.L.1983, c.489 (C.42:2A-6).
e. A limited partner of a foreign limited partnership is not liable as a general partner of the foreign limited partnership solely by reason of the revocation, pursuant to this section, of the certificate of authority to transact business in this State.
f. The State Treasurer shall furnish annual report forms, including the forms necessary to effect annual report reinstatements, shall keep all the reports and shall prepare an index thereof. The reports shall be open to public inspection at proper hours.
L.1983,c.489,s.67; amended 1997, c.139, s.7; 2002, c.34, s.37.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.