Section: Persons entitled to bring enforcement actions
Every solid waste management authority shall be a public body politic and corporate constituting a political subdivision of the State established as an instrumentality exercising public and essential governmental functions to provide for the public health and welfare and shall have perpetual succession and have the following powers:
(1) To adopt and have a common seal and to alter the same at pleasure;
(2) To sue and to be sued;
(3) In the name of the solid waste management authority and on its behalf, to acquire, hold, use and dispose of its service charges and other revenues and other moneys;
(4) In the name of the solid waste management authority but for the local unit or units, to acquire, hold, use and dispose of other personal property for the purposes of the solid waste management authority;
(5) In the name of the solid waste management authority but for the local unit or units, to acquire by purchase, gift, condemnation or otherwise, real property and easements therein, necessary or useful and convenient for the purposes of the solid waste management authority, and subject to mortgages, deeds of trust or other liens, or otherwise, and to hold and to use the same, and to dispose of property so acquired no longer necessary for the purposes of the solid waste management authority;
(6) To provide for and secure the payment of any bonds and the rights of the holders thereof, and to purchase, hold and dispose of any bonds;
(7) To accept gifts or grants of real or personal property, money, material, labor or supplies for the purpose of the solid waste management authority, and to make and perform such agreements and contracts as may be necessary or convenient in connection with the procuring, acceptance or disposition of such gifts or grants;
(8) To enter on any lands or premises for the purposes of the solid waste management authority;
(9) To make and enforce bylaws or rules and regulations for the management and regulation of its business and affairs and for the use, maintenance and operation of the garbage and solid wastes disposal system and any other of its properties, and to amend the same;
(10) To do and perform any acts and things authorized by this act under, through or by means of its own officers, agents and employees, or by contracts with any persons; and
(11) To enter into any and all contracts, execute any and all instruments, and do and perform any and all acts or things necessary, convenient or desirable for the purpose of the solid waste management authority or to carry out any powers expressly given in this act subject to P.L.1971, c. 198 "Local Public Contracts Law" (C. 40A:11-1 et seq.).
L.1968, c. 249, s. 7, eff. Aug. 16, 1968. Amended by L.1975, c. 96, s. 13 eff. May 16, 1975.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.