Section: Inclusive references
11. a. The commission shall establish quantifiable performance standards for evaluating the workforce investment system, and guidelines for procedures to encourage and enforce compliance with those standards. The commission shall establish the standards and procedures in conjunction with any department or commission which funds or administers workforce investment programs.
The standards shall be designed to measure the success of the system in assisting the individuals it serves to attain and maintain high levels of productivity and earning power, through preparation for employment in occupations with significant opportunities for career advancement. The standards shall take into account the specific needs and characteristics of the target populations.
b. Each workforce investment program, including any program funded or established pursuant to the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, Pub. L. 105-220 (29 U.S.C. s. 2901 et seq.), the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Education Amendments of 1998, Pub.L.105-332 (20 U.S.C. s.2301 et seq.), or the State Workforce Development Partnership Program, P.L.1992, c.43 (C.34:15D-1 et seq.), is hereby deemed to be subject to the performance standards and guidelines established pursuant to subsection a. of this section. The performance standards for the program shall be based on factors including, but not limited to:
(1) The percentage of trainees who are placed, following completion of the program, in employment in the occupation for which they are trained or who are enrolled for further education or training, if those enrollments are a goal of the program;
(2) The success of the program in sustaining or increasing the trainees' levels of earnings, based on the wage levels upon placement in employment, and the trainees' retention in employment; and
(3) (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2005, c.354.)
(4) The success of the program in facilitating the remedial instruction which the program is required to make available to trainees under standards established pursuant to section 14 of this act.
In establishing performance standards, the commission shall not use criteria which may adversely affect the assessment of a program because of any emphasis the program may have on long-term occupational training and instruction.
The commission shall establish dates by which each department administering workforce investment programs shall adopt the standards and guidelines for use in the planning, budgeting and administration of those programs.
The standards shall apply to a program which is State or federally funded except to the extent that application of the standards would prevent the program from receiving the federal funding.
L.1989,c.293,s.11; amended 2005, c.354, s.10.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.