Section: Rent payments not to create new tenancy
14. a. The Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall maintain a Statewide list of approved training providers known as the State Eligible Training Provider List. In order to be placed and retained on the list, a training provider shall meet:
(1) The requirements of section 122 of the "Workforce Investment Act of 1998, Pub.L.105-220 (29U.S.C. s.2842);
(2) The requirements of this section;
(3) Any requirement applicable to that training provider pursuant to section 13 of P.L.2005, c.354 (C.34:15C-10.1), section 6 of P.L.1992, c.48 (C.34:15B-40) and section 6 of P.L.1992, c.43 (C.34:15D-8);
(4) All reporting requirements of section 29 of P.L.2005, c.354 (C.34:1A-88); and
(5) Any other requirements established by the State Employment and Training Commission.
No training provider who is not an approved training provider included on the State Eligible Training Provider List shall receive any federal job training funds or State job training funds.
b. In order to be placed on the State Eligible Training Provider List, each training provider, including a school, shall obtain approval from an authorized government agency. Any provider that is not aligned with a specific cognizant agency shall be required to obtain approval from the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Authorized government agencies shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) The Commission on Higher Education: The commission shall approve programs from all institutions under its jurisdiction. This approval includes course work for degrees and certificates awarded by higher education institutions including public and private institutions.
(2) The Department of Education: The Department of Education shall approve all institutions in its jurisdiction. Programs operated by the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services shall be approved by the Department of Education cooperatively with the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Private schools controlled or operated by a charitable institution or any school controlled or operated by a religious denomination requesting to be included on the State Eligible Training Provider List shall be approved by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development in consultation with the Department of Education or any other appropriate State agency. Appropriate fees may be charged for certification and annual renewal.
(3) State departments responsible for licensing: Training providers are approved by any State department authorized to license training providers for specific training programs.
(4) The federal Government: Training providers required to be approved by an agency of the federal government shall be included on the State Eligible Training Provider List after submission of the application and documentation indicating approval by the appropriate agency.
(5) Out-of-state approval: Training providers located in other states may be on the State Eligible Training Provider List if they demonstrate that they are approved by an appropriate state agency in the state in which they are located. Those providers shall complete the appropriate application process, submit to the Center for Occupational Employment Information proof of their approval, agree to the established reports, agree to any other requirements established for in-State providers, and comply with the specific requirements of the funding source.
c. Where applicable, training programs shall align with or use existing nationally recognized, industry-based skill standards and certifications as the basis for developing competency based learning objectives, curricula, instructional methods, teaching materials and worksite activities; prepare students to satisfy employer knowledge and skill requirements assessed by related examination, and provide students with the opportunity to take exams and receive certifications or licenses.
d. Each training provider shall apply to be placed on the State Eligible Training Provider List and provide a record for each trainee enrolled. This information shall include, but not be limited to, the participant's Social Security number, gender, date of birth, date of enrollment, any date of completion, date of termination, date of start in a job, date of application for a license, licensing examination result, date of issue of a license, any credential issued, and other information as specified by the State Employment and Training Commission or Center for Occupational Employment Information. For individuals who do not have a Social Security number, the qualifying agency may substitute an alternate method of identification, except that, at the time of start into employment, the alternate code shall be cross-referenced with the individual's valid Social Security number. In addition, the training provider shall agree to provide any other information deemed appropriate by the State Employment and Training Commission, the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and the Department of Education for evaluation purposes.
e. Every training provider shall provide access for on site visitation and monitoring by the State or its designee upon request.
f. Objective performance standards and measures for evaluating training providers shall be jointly developed and implemented by the State Board of Education and the New Jersey State Employment and Training Commission. Policy makers and consumers shall be provided with information concerning training providers on the State Eligible Training Provider List and shall be provided a consumer report card on the effectiveness of those training providers showing the long-term success of former trainees of each provider in obtaining permanent employment and increasing earnings over one or more time periods following the completion or other termination of training, including a period of two years following the completion or other termination of training.
g. Any qualifying school which has a currently valid certificate of approval issued pursuant to section 13 of P.L.2005, c.354 (C.34:15C-10.1) and complies with all requirements of this section applicable to the school shall be placed on the State Eligible Training Provider List and any qualifying school which has its certificate revoked or suspended shall be removed from the list until the certification is reinstated.
L.2005, c.354, s.14.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.